Today's Indian rupee
The Indian rupee gained past 66 a dollar in early trade following rally in global equity markets.
The currency appreciated by 20 paise to open at 65.94 per dollar against previous day's closing value of 66.14 a dollar.
Today's Stock market
- The market has opened higher riding high on strong global cues.
- The Sensex is up 392.57 points or 1.5 percent at 26107.23 and the Nifty is up 127.90 points or 1.6 percent at 7919.75.
- About 461 shares have advanced, 64 shares declined, and 14 shares are unchanged.
- ONGC, M&M, Bharti Airtel, Hindalco and Bajaj Auto are top gainers in the Sensex.
- The Sensex zoomed to 26,170.39 in a flash, gaining over 450 points in the process, and is currently up 332.65 points or 1.29% at 26,047.31.
- The Nifty is up 104.75 points or 1.34% at 7896.60.
- All the sectoral indices are up in green, with realty, healthcare and oil indices posting strong gains.
- The BSE benchmark Sensex is up 282.90 points or 1.1% at 25,997.56 now, after having zoomed to 26,170.39 earlier.
- The Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange, which soared to 7930.80 in opening trades, gaining 139 points in the process, is currently up 74.40 points or 0.96% at 7866.25.
- The 50-share Nifty index rose over 100 points to reclaim its crucial psychological level of 7900, supported by gains in FMCG, Pharma, IT, banks, realty and oil & gas stocks.
- Bank Nifty surged over 250 points.Snapping its losses from the previous session, the rupee appreciated 29 paise to 65.86 against US dollar in trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange due to a decrease in dollar demand from importers.
- The domestic currency had closed at 66.09 in the previo ..
For live market updates on Indian Stock Market visit www.capitalheight.com/stock-tips.php
or call at 0731-6615050